Tuesday, May 31, 2011

PICKING UP THE PIECES..AGAIN

hmmm....Where do I begin...Well..One thing I have noticed myself included is that where do you go from an abusive situation? I can only use my own life as an example but what do you now that you finally have your life back? I was very young when I was in that situation and had no career and very little job experience except the basic waitressing and ugh..retail jobs. How can we start over where do we go from here? I spent so many years not being able to live out my dreams never thinking they would actually happen. I don't have the money  to go back to school, economic times and hard to find jobs make it even more difficult. Writing has always been my passion but lately does not pay the bills. I have come to the conclusion it is time for a career change. Now its about "refinding and redefining"
 ourselves..oh boy..I thought that process was over but apparently someone has a very twisted sense of humor. I have thought about a particular career but "my fear" always pushes the idea away. I've been toying with the idea for some time now I have even mentioned it in my book but I guess a big part of me is scared to death over it. Some women when they leave their abusive situations mostly have or had careers and the education to back it up. Then there's that percentage that do not have the skills,education or experience to make it on their own. Dead end jobs are all we know. Okay so we receive "grants" to help but we spend alot of money on books we can't afford which leaves us with no money. What do you do if you have children they have needs too. I know what I spend on groceries for one child I couldn't imagine 2 or more..not to mention clothes and shoes..the basics. Now move in the "rent,utilities, car insurance and repairs, etc." what is left? ZERO. Not every woman has had the luxury of gaining an education and/or career and can pick up where they left off. I am not able to make 60K a year or even 30k a year so then what? we fight the system tooth and nail to get help and its still not enough. Its not hard to see and know people losing their houses,jobs and livelihood..Normal jobs are hard to come by but what do you do when even the crappy jobs are non-existent? its a never ending circle..we end up just chasing our tails..

No comments:

Post a Comment